McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for a Graduate Assistant Wrestling Coach. Compensation for this 12-month part time position includes Full time Graduate coursework, an hourly stipend, housing and a part time meal plan.
Visit College website for additional details.
Reporting to the Head Wrestling Coach, The Graduate Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of the varsity wrestling program at the college. Duties will include support the head coach in coaching, recruiting, practice and meet organization and team operations, retention and administration. In addition, graduate assistants will serve as game management staff at assigned off-season intercollegiate contests as assigned by the department. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Assist head coach in organizing and conducting practices and competitions.
- Assist in the hiring, supervision and evaluation of student assistants.
- Assist in the recruitment of a diverse group of qualified student athletes for successful participation at the varsity athletic level
- Advise and direct team members, captains, Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) team representatives and team managers as directed.
- Assist the head coach with team travel, housing and meals with department assistant. Submit a travel itinerary before every away event.
- Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship, and conduct becoming of the coaching profession adhering to all college and professional sport association guidelines.
- Adhere to all NCAA, Centennial Conference, ECAC and sport rules and regulations.
- Communicate and cooperate with the other department staff in regard to program operations (sports information, sports medicine, budget, equipment room, administration …)
- Serve as game administrator at intercollegiate contests as assigned by the department.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned by head coach and/or the department administration.
For a complete job description including qualifications and to apply, please visit the college’s employment webpage. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Specific questions about the position may be directed to the head coach in the athletics department at 410-857-2585. Review of applications begins July 15, 2019.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.