Ohio Wesleyan University invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach – Wrestling. The assistant coach is responsible for supporting the Head Coach in all phases of the wrestling program. The assistant coach will provide support to the head coach focused primarily on recruiting and will have event coaching responsibilities. The assistant coach will be responsible for involvement in current and future leadership of the program administrative assistance and coaching. Additional duties will include but not limited to skill development, academic advising, mentoring, one on one and group instruction, summer camps/clinics, and daily operations of the program.
It is also expected that the Wrestling Assistant Coach will embrace the department mission of supporting the academic mission of the university, developing student-athletes as contributors to the greater community, creating opportunities for competitive success, leading student-athletes to understand what it is like to be part of something greater than oneself.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous successful coaching experience
- Familiarity in recruiting collegiate student-athletes
- Articulated commitment to the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior and to adhering to all rules and regulations of Ohio Wesleyan University, the North Coast Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
- Effective written communication skills
- Student-centered focus
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire)
- Master’s degree
- Ability to articulate the role that athletics plays in a rigorous academic collegiate setting and the importance of academic endeavors of student athletes
- Successful recruiting experience at the college or university level, with ability to identify and attract outstanding students and players
- Experience exhibiting the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior and adhering to all rules and regulations of Ohio Wesleyan University, the North Coast Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
- Experience advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and supporting students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to actively foster a respectful, positive environment that welcomes all persons.
- An appreciation for and willingness to engage with the mission and aims of OWU.
Completed application packets will include:
1) Cover Letter
2) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3) The names, titles, and contact information for three professional references
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.