Early season rankings can be fraught as wrestlers move around in weight and compete (or do not compete). The first set of rankings this season is based on the best information available at the time of publication. Some teams provided projected lineup info, and that helped sort this list out. This year is especially difficult as many teams did not compete at all last year, some competed a little bit, and others competed through the NWCA Championships in Iowa. Filling out 26 names at each weight took some homework, guesswork, and intuition. Things will get better as the season gets fully underway. As usual, there are some caveats to remember:
- Wrestlers will be ranked at weights where they compete.
- Freshmen and non-DIII transfers will not appear in the first rankings.
- Anyone not expected to compete this semester will not be ranked until he wrestles.
- Contenders and Honorable Mention are not in order. That is why there are no numbers. The 5th guy on the Contender list is not ranked 15th.
- If one wrestler is not in the exact spot you think he should be, then the whole set of rankings, which includes 260 names, is worthless. We will try harder next time.
If you see any misspelled names or misidentified schools, please leave a comment or get in touch. If you see your own name on here, but you are not wrestling, let us know that as well.