A 10-month, $10,000 stipend with housing provided, professional limited staff position is available in Intercollegiate Athletics beginning August 1, 2022, or as soon as possible after August 1st. The working title for this assignment is Assistant Wrestling Coach with an official title in the Coach title series.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree is required. Knowledge of sports is essential, as is a proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented setting. Must have strong moral character, work ethic, leadership, and communication skills. A commitment to athletic excellence within an academic environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Prior successful playing and/or coaching experience at the collegiate level. A master’s degree may be considered an asset.
- Assist the head coach in directing a highly successful program within the guidelines of the University, the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC), and NCAA Division III.
- Assist in the planning and direction of all practices, matches and team events.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of qualified student athletes consistent with the academic standards of the University.
- Assist with the care and inventory of equipment for the program.
- Assist with the promotion of the sport with students, alumni, and members of the community.
- Assist with promoting program revenue generation related to the program.
- Participate in department fundraising and public relations events.
- Assume other duties as agreed upon by the Head Coach and Athletics Director.
THE UNIT: The unit of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of 60+ staff members. The Intercollegiate Athletics website is www.blugolds.com
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job–postings/ .You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the “Click here to Register” link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your “User Name” and “Password” and select “Login.” Click the link to the Athletics: Assistant Wrestling Coach position (Job ID # 17355) and then click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Unofficial transcript of highest degree earned
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Tim Fader, Head Coach, email@example.com; 715-836-2202
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by May 1, 2022. However, screening may continue until position is filled.