Millikin Full-Time Assistant
Millikin University Assistant Wrestling Coach
Click for full description and to apply
Job Summary: The Assistant Wrestling Coach is a full-time position and will assist the Millikin Wrestling program in all aspects led by the Head Wrestling Coach – recruiting, team development, home game management, day of competition coaching, fundraising and other duties common to a collegiate wrestling program.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
- Assist in recruitment of quality wrestlers to the program. Help create a positive team culture that leads to success. Foster good relationships with the local high school coaches and the wrestling community.
- Responsible for assisting Head Wrestling Coach in all facets of the team including the organization of practices, monitoring academic progress of the student-athletes, day of competition management and strategy.
- Comply with all applicable Millikin University, CCIW and NCAA rules, regulations and policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- A second duty may be assigned dependent upon on the candidate’s strengths and experience.
- Serve as Athletic Facility Monitor.
- Serve as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Instructor for the Athletic Department as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous coaching experience
- Extensive knowledge of the sport of wrestling
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to various audiences
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere in the Athletic Department
- Strong commitment to the University and NCAA Division III philosophy
- Demonstrate commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athlete