Loras College seeks a full-time assistant wrestling coach. Click the link below for the full description and to apply.
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive, rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Performs wrestling coaching duties and management activities, including recruitment of student-athletes in a National Collegiate Athletic Association–Division III intercollegiate wrestling program.
- Helps develop and implement a sound and effective wrestling philosophy.
- Participates in the identification, evaluation and recruitment of potential wrestling student-athletes. Prepares scouting reports and game plans.
- Analyzes opponents and Loras personnel on film.
- Directs and coordinates practice schedules and meetings.
- Monitors student-athletes in classroom and on the field.
- Monitors the academic progress of assigned wrestling student-athletes in the program.
- Coordinates the physical development of each student-athlete through appropriate condition, strength and practice sessions.
- Assists in the recruitment, employment and evaluation of assistant wrestling coaches.
- Remains accessible to the media, alumni, boosters and general public to publicize and promote the wrestling program.
- Advises and counsels student-athletes academically, athletically and socially.
- Responsible for assigned areas of the wrestling budget.
- May recommend the purchase of new wrestling equipment, supplies and uniforms.
- May represent the College at Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference meetings.
- Assists in the coordination of travel arrangements for road trips.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College’s Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.