Graduate Assistant Coach – Wrestling
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach, works to assist, oversee, instruct, and implement the strategies, goals, and philosophy of the BW athletic team. Will assist the Head Coach with all aspects of recruitment and preparation for athletic competition and as a representative of the university, will act in a manner that supports and encourages both the University and athletic department mission statements.
Essential Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities: The following outlines the essential functions of the position and is not to be considered a detailed description of all duties inherent in the position.
- Evaluate and recruit student athletes that fit the BW profile by attending showcase events, tournaments, and high school events.
- Assist in scheduling, coordinating and conduct of campus visits.
- Analyze performance and instruct athletes in sport specific techniques and strategies in preparation for and during athletics competition.
- Assists in the organization, preparation and implementation of appropriate training and practice sessions.
- Be a positive role model for our student athletes to emulate. Represent the University and program with a high degree of professionalism, sportsmanship and integrity
- Implement strategies necessary for short and long-term success
- Assist our student athletes with their academic
- Represents the athletic program in a positive light to various internal and external constituencies
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment and provide mutual support with all constituencies and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree required,
- Previous collegiate playing or coaching experience preferred
- Applicant must gain acceptance into Baldwin Wallace University’s graduate program.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques
- Ability to follow directions, be organized, and carry out assignments effectively
- Understanding of NCAA Division III, Ohio Athletic Conference and Baldwin Wallace University rules, regulations and guidelines
- Ability to work with recruiting database system
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment
- Must be able to travel, and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must possess a strong commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
Conditions of Employment
- Must be accepted into a Graduate Degree program at Baldwin Wallace University
- Exposure to unusual elements, heat, cold, loud noise, long hours, many people in a small area, physical activity such as running and carrying objects 20-100lbs
- Must successfully complete a background check
- Must maintain CPR/AED certification
- Must be able to secure and maintain certification to drive university vans and must complete Stewards of Children training program
- A competitive stipend, housing options and graduate school tuition is included with this position
Applications will be reviewed as received and continue until the position is filled. Send resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one (1) Word document or one (1) PDF and submit via the To Apply link on HR’s Current Job Openings web page. http://www.bw.edu/resources/hr/jobs
Baldwin Wallace University is an EEO/AA employer and educator. At BW, we support and encourage diversity in a variety of forms. We value and appreciate inclusive excellence in the classroom, within extracurricular activities, and as we engage our community partners. Learn more at Diversity Affairs – http://www.bw.edu/quickfacts/diversity/