Click for full description and to apply
Graduate Assistant Men’s & Women’s Wrestling Coach
About Augustana College:
Augustana is seeking a Graduate Assistant Men’s & Women’s Wrestling Coach to assistant with the continued development of all phases of the program.
Competing in the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin (CCIW), about 1/3 of the Augustana student population competes in one of 26 varsity sports. When it comes to Academic All-Americans, Augustana is # 1 in our conference and # 7 in all NCAA divisions, a testament to our commitment to success in the classroom as well as the playing field.
All academic work will be completed through an agreement with Western Illinois University. The position is contingent upon full, regular acceptance into a graduate degree program and successful completion of all employment requirements at Western Illinois University. The Graduate Assistant position includes a monthly stipend plus a tuition waiver. The successful candidate will be responsible for books and additional course fees. A number of graduate degree programs are viable options. The Graduate Assistant position will be an annual 10-month commitment (August 1 – May 31) over a minimum of two academic years.
For more information on Western Illinois University and its graduate degree programs along with the admission process, please visit:
Job Title: Graduate Assistant Men’s & Women’s Wrestling Coach
Overview: Is responsible for assisting in the overall management of the College’s men’s and women’s wrestling programs including coaching, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, scheduling and budget management, equipment ordering, scheduling contests, viable fundraising, public relations, and other duties.
Reports To: Athletic Director and Head Men’s + Women’s Wrestling Coach
Status: Exempt, Part-time (no benefits), Academic Year Schedule (August 1-May31)
- Responsible for assisting the Head Coach to create an overall positive and successful environment for the student-athletes of the men’s and women’s wrestling teams. Provide oversight and evaluation of the daily progress of the team including strength training, conditioning, and student-athlete academic, personal and athletic development.
- Plan, conduct and evaluate practice activities for men’s and women’s wrestling team members. Provide group and individual assistance in a manner that engages the athletes and builds commitment to the program.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Augustana staff to integrate efforts and create program success. Assist other staff members with activities as needed to reach the overall goals of the Augustana athletic department.
- Meet with prospective students and their family members both on campus and at remote locations as possible. Provide advice and counsel on the admissions process, the Augustana experience and the integral role of the student-athlete in overall campus life.
- Hire and oversee part-time coaching assistants and student workers as needed to assist with the program and competition-related activities. Provide feedback?both positive and negative?on work products and outcomes.
- Order equipment and supplies and manage operating budget for the program.
- Actively participate in department and college-wide meetings and events, and adapt work as required to meet overall campus goals.
- Other duties as assigned.