Springfield Graduate Assistant
Wrestling Fellow – Springfield College
Click for full description and to apply
The Fellow will have responsibilities assisting with the coaching, planning and execution of daily practices. The Fellow is responsible for assisting the head coach with skill instruction, game review, game preparation and position specific technique and individual meetings. The Fellow will be an instrumental part of home and away contest coaching. The Fellow will also be teaching up to two PEAC classes per semester within the Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation. Within the class, skill development, lecture and evaluation will take place.
The Fellow will take on other responsibilities vital to the success of the program. These responsibilities might include recruiting, team travel preparation, managing social media accounts, general office tasks, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Fellowship Required Qualifications
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Coaching/Teaching/Playing experience in wrestling
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- US driver’s license is preferred
- Be accepted into a full-time graduate program at Springfield College
- Remain in good academic standing with Springfield College
- Pass the NCAA recruiting test
- Certified in CPR/First Aid/AED