Lycoming College is hiring an Assistant Wrestling Coach! As a key partner to the Head Wrestling coach this full-time, 10-month benefits eligible position assist with all of the day to day functions of the Lycoming College wrestling team!
Who We Are:
Founded in 1812, Lycoming College is one of the nation’s oldest and most respected liberal arts colleges. Today, our community of 1,200 active learners from 31 states and territories and 15 countries comprises a student body that is 35 percent domestic students of color or international, all of whom work with our renowned scholars to craft customized combinations of market-driven majors, minors and concentrations across our 40+ academic programs. Students compete in 19 NCAA Division III sports, participate in faculty-driven research, thrive in a robust program of internship experiences, and study abroad in more than two dozen countries. Lycoming College has one of the highest endowment-per-student ratios in the country. The institution is a member of the Annapolis Group of Liberal Arts Colleges and is recognized by The Princeton Review as one of The 388 Best Colleges. Lycoming College is dedicated to providing a high-quality liberal arts and sciences education for all students. Learn more at http://www.lycoming.edu.
What will I do in this role?
- Recruiting top athlete’s to join the Lycoming College Warrior team and Wrestling team.
- Developing practice plans and participating in leading practice instruction.
- Conducting video analysis and strength training for the student athletes.
- Assisting with setting up for mats and the clocks for home events.
- Traveling with the team to wrestling events.
- Participating in fundraising activities as well as promoting the wrestling program at events with the admission team.
- This position requires weekend and evening work along with traveling. The need to have a valid US driver’s license and driving record is necessary.
What are we looking for?
- High School diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Competitive wrestling and/or coaching experience at the College level required.
- Successful candidate must be well-organized, have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with prospective student-athletes, current student-athletes and staff and college personnel.
- Candidate must have attention to details, have the ability to lead and the ability work both independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate must display a commitment for adhering to all Lycoming College, NCAA, MAC, Landmark policies, rules and regulations.
What We Offer!
Lycoming College has an excellent benefits package that includes:
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Health insurance – Lycoming College covers 95% of health insurance premiums for employees and 65% of premiums for eligible family members with a wide variety of health plan options available.
- Dental insurance, including orthodontia coverage.
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Life & accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to 9% contributions from the College
- Free tuition for employees, spouses, and eligible dependents at Lycoming College
- Free tuition for eligible dependents at over 600 colleges nationwide through Tuition Exchange, Inc.
- Free tuition for employees, spouses, and eligible dependents at the Pennsylvania College of Technology
Paid Leave Benefits:
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- 14 holidays per year
- Summer hours
- 10% discount at the campus bookstore, excluding textbooks and snacks.
- Reduced rates for meal packages for on-campus dining facilities.
- Use of the campus recreations center and gym facilities for employees and household family members
- Use of the campus Library
How do I Join the Warrior Team?
Apply directly online by submitting your resume and cover letter along with the names and contact information for three professional references. Application review will begin immediately and will cease once the position has been filled. A pre-employment criminal background check, ACT 153 clearances and motor vehicle record check will occur.
Lycoming College Proudly Celebrates and Values Diversity!
We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.