The top 30 team GPAs and the 2017 NWCA Scholar All-Americans are listed below. In order to become an NWCA Scholar All-American, the following criteria must be met:
- The wrestler must have a GPA of 3.2 or greater for the previous academic year or have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or greater. Freshmen are eligible, and their GPA from the fall of 2016 must be above 3.2.
- The wrestler must have been at the current school for the entire 2016-2017 school year
- The wrestlers must meet at least one of the following wrestling criteria
- NCAA Qualifier with a winning record
- Finish in the top six at the NCAA regional while competing in at least half of the team’s scheduled competitions and compiling a winning record
- Win at least 67% of his matches while competing in at least 50% of his team’s scheduled competitions
The team GPA was calculated by averaging the GPAs of the ten regional starters plus as many as four other team members who competed in at least 50% of the team’s scheduled competitions.