The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, an NCAA Division III school and member of the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) is seeking applications for a 9-month internship as the Assistant Wrestling Coach
Wrestling – Internship as ASSISTANT COACH
• This is a 9-month internship with a monthly stipend and contract from September through May. There will be opportunity for a second year upon evaluation.
• Assist the head coach in directing a growing program within the guidelines of the University, the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC), and NCAA Division III.
• Assist in the planning and direction of all practices, matches and team events.
• Assist in the recruitment and retention of qualified student athletes consistent with the academic standards of UW-Eau Claire. This is one of the primary responsibilities of this internship
• Assist with the promotion of the sport with students, alumni, and members of the community.
• Direct the implementation of promotion through social media outlets
• Assist with promoting program revenue generation related to the program regarding hosting special events and Blugold Wrestling booster club
• Participate in department fundraising and public relations events.
• Assume other duties as agreed upon by the head coach and athletics director.
• Prior successful playing and/or coaching experience at the collegiate level preferred; successful club and/or high school coaching experience considered.
• Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED is required and can be attained upon start date.
• Demonstrated success & a commitment to all areas of responsibility stated above.
• Must have strong moral character, work ethic, leadership and communication skills.
• A commitment to athletic excellence within an academic environment.
• $10,000 yearly stipend, 1-year appointment with option for second year.
• Opportunity to earn additional funds through Blugold Wrestling Summer Camps & Clinics
• Position designed to give new coach an entry level college coaching opportunity to work with veteran staff in a growing program. The WIAC is a premier DIII conference in wrestling and athletics.
• To apply, email a cover letter and resume with contact information for three complete references to Nancy Hendricks at firstname.lastname@example.org for priority consideration by July 23, 2018. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
• Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of background check
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO Employer