Pete DiPol had previously been the coach of the Highlanders for the 2016-2017 season, their first as a revived program. There has not been an announcement of his departure, but the following job advertisement is live on the MacMurray website.
MacMurray College, an NCAA Division III institution, is part of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC). MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the full-time position of Head Wrestling Coach. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and versatility to coach a variety of positions, skills, and techniques. This position may also include an additional responsibility such as teaching.
- Primary duty of a coach is imparting knowledge by instructin student-athletes in how to perform their sport.
- To fulfill all the responsibilities of an NCAA Division III institution head coach, including, but not limited to coaching, recruiting and budget management
- To recruit high quality student-athletes to the institution.
- Follow all conference, NCAA and MacMurray regulations and guidelines pertaining to the reporting of the statistics for MacMurray College athletic events.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Must have a minimum of three years coaching experience at the college level.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to provide leadership both on- and off-the field
- Must have a clear commitment to working in an undergraduate liberal arts environment and at an NCAA Division III institution.
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Valid driver’s license with clean/good driving record and insurable
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu